Each year the PTA raises money to cover the school expenditures and programs not paid for by the Department of Education. Our major fundraiser each year is the Annual Appeal.
The MNS Annual Appeal provides funds for the majority of the PTA initiatives throughout the year that our school community has identified as a priority.
This year our goal is $375,000. If everyone pitches in, we can get it done together.
This money helps pay for our school’s exceptional teaching assistant staff, music and arts programs, science supplies and much more. With these funds, the children get to experience unique learning opportunities. Read below about the PTA-funded initiatives.
Please help us reach our goal of 100% participation.
Contribute Now to the Annual Appeal!
We prefer all donations be made online by clicking the button below.
If you prefer to pay by check, please make it payable to MNS PTA (please note "Annual Appeal" and your child(s) name in the memo line). Download a donation form that can be submitted with your donation.
If you have any questions or comments please contact us at email@example.com. Thank you for your support!
Help Your Class Win A PIZZA PARTY WITH DOREEN —
AND SCORE A $200 AMAZON GIFT CARD FOR YOUR TEACHER!
What’s more, every donor that participates in the appeal between now and October 31st will be entered to win a $200 Amazon gift card for their child’s teacher. The PTA will hand out three cards in total, so get your donation in today!
2017-2018 Annual Appeal & the PTA Funded Initiatives
Throughout the year the PTA receives your support in a myriad of important ways. The MNS Annual Appeal is our most comprehensive fundraiser. The MNS Annual Appeal provides funds for the majority of the PTA initiatives throughout the year that our school community has identified as a priority. These are the programs and services that make our school community unique and wonderful and help our children to grow into confident, enthusiastic lifelong learners!
- Instructional & Clerical TA(s), Interventionists, Coaches & Support Staff
- Professional Development for your child’s teacher
- Classroom Supplies and Smart Boards
- Science Curriculum Supplies (Microscopes, etc.)
- Art Room Supplies (Crayons, Paint, Clay, etc.)
Music Curriculum Supplies
- Recess Supplies (Hula Hoops, Balls, Jump Ropes, etc.)
- Paper/Book Supplies
- New rugs
- Lice checks
- Wingspan Theatre Program
- Sci-Tech STEAM Program
- Safety Maintenance/Equipment
- Classroom Startup Fund
- Air Conditioning
- New Apple Computers for each classroom
- Wooden Blocks (Indoor and Outdoor)
- Social-Emotional Curriculum and Materials
- Weekly Dance Class
- NYC Ballet
- Manhattan School of Music Opera and Dance Programs
- Weekly Chess Class
- Manhattan School of Music Opera Program
- Ashokan Overnight Field Trip
- National Dance Institute
- NY Historical Society
- Philadelphia Field Trip
- Rocking Horse Ranch Field Trip
- Manhattan School of Music Jazz Program
- Constitution Works